Thursday, April 7, 2011

Past Drawings

So as I said before, I just switched my drawing focus to real life and portraits after years of drawing anime. And I mean 'just switched' as in a week ago. So most of these pictures are anime and the two pictures I've done of real life suck (or at least they suck more than my anime drawings). Douzo!





































A bit blurry (that's why I'm an artist and not a photographer), but you can tell what it is. This is one of my uber favorite pictures from one of my uber favorite animes. That's right, I said uber. Shaoran (the main guy character) and Sakura (the main girl character) from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles! Yay! -^.^-




























The other main characters from Tsubasa, Fai (on the right) and Kurogane (on the left). I love these guys, they're so funny together. Kurogane is always in a bad mood and Fai is always in a good playful mood (like me!) and Fai is always teasing Kurogane and Kurogane is always threatening Fai. They make a good pair, lol





































This one is Yuuko from xxxHOLiC, a crossover anime from Tsubasa. I love drawing Yuuko, all of her pictures are so beautiful and mysterious at the same time. This picture took freaking FOREVER to draw because of all the freaking inverted butterflies. That's right, I said freaking.

 This picture I did more recently, it's Rika-chama from another really good anime, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When the Cicadas Cry, or as the English dub calls it, When They Cry). I like this picture, although I thought I coulda done a bit better on the moon..
























This is my puppy Briar. This is also the first real-life picture I've done since high school, and I only did one of those because my siblings and I all turned out looking like yeti. But that was quite a few years ago and I like to think I've improved since then, so I got a wild hair up my butt and decided to draw my puppy. And it turned out really good!  (If I do say so myself. I really am modest, promise!) In fact, it turned out so well I got another, bigger wild hair up my butt and decided to draw.....







































....my little sister and our cat Fox. And these two DID turn out looking like yeti. I spent a long time on this picture and mostly I just got criticized for it ,ó.ò, It's no wonder why I'm a perfectionist, whenever I do something less-than-perfect, instead of 'Wow, that doesn't look half bad!' I get "Well, that only looks HALF bad..." Of course, my sister's a talented artist herself, so she could probably do better, but I tried. And I will keep trying because jibun wo shinjiru! (I believe in myself!) I won't give up from one little picture, it just means I need more practice and I intend on practicing a lot!

Btw, all of the anime pictures were done in regular pencil (usually during class when I shoulda been paying attention.... ^.^" ) except the Shaoran and Sakura one, which I did in pencil first and then colored with colored pencils and the Rika-chama one, which I did using various water color pencil techniques. When I decided to start real-life, I went out and bought some graphite pencils of different hardnesses and used those for the shading. I also used a little bit of charcoal, but mostly graphite. Tsuzukitte ganbarimasuyo! (I'll keep going and do my best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment