Friday, April 15, 2011

New Works

I've done a few of new pieces in the past few days, a couple of drawings and a couple of pendants, so without further ado, here they are! -^.^-











 I call this one Yin and Yang. It's got two blown-glass heart-shaped beads, one black and gold and the other white and gold wire-wrapped in copper wire with a heart-shaped motif.




















This pendant was mostly an experiment. It didn't turn out as well as I woulda liked, but I may just add to it later :) It's a sakura (cherry blossom) made from coins I brought home from Japan (they're about a nickle each) beaded together with pale pink seed beads. The Japanese adore cherry blossoms, it's even the country's national flower.
 This is a drawing I did of my best friend's sister holding my best friend's baby daughter (so the older girl is the younger girl's aunt). I think baby Leia turned out terrible, but in drawing this, I learned a lot about drawing faces and about shading, so Angy turned out much better (even though she looks much older than she actually is, lol) I drew this mostly with graphite but with charcoal for the really dark parts.


 I call this picture Baby Feet -^.^- It's another picture of baby Leia, this time held by her mother and my best friend Denise. I think Denise's thumb doesn't pop out as much as it should, but over all, I'm pretty proud of this picture, especially since I don't have much experience drawing real life. I think it turned out beautiful! -^.^-  This one is also done with graphite pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment