Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Denise and Baby Leia

I think these pictures keep getting better :)  It's fun to watch myself progress, especially when it's progressing picture by picture! It's fun to see how terrible my first drawing was and then compare it to my most recent drawing, which is like drawing No. 4 or something. I've put jewelry on the back burner for now and brought drawing up to the front of my stove -- I mean mind. But I just found some really cheap raw opals thanks to a good friend and I have a feeling jewelry-making is making a quick comeback :)  Anyway, this drawing was done mostly with graphite with some charcoal. I'm still not satisfied with Leia's eyes, it's just so hard to capture the emotion and pure joy in her eyes. But other than that, this is a picture I can be proud of  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment