Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bailey

I finished the last of my bus friends' pictures, a golden retriever named Bailey. Honestly, the picture I got was bad. It was dark in the room with the camera flash on, so her face and head were really light and everything else was really dark. You couldn't make out any of her back half, so I just did her head, chest, and part of her back. The picture was also really blurry, so I had to make out what I could and then look at other pictures of golden retrievers for reference of details (exactly what the eyes look like, what direction the fur grows, etc). What made it even worse was that I've never drawn long fur before and without being able to see the details of the picture, this drawing started with LOTS of research into how to draw long fur! But I think it turned out good and Sue was happy with it :)
Sue's dog Bailey, done in graphite

No comments:

Post a Comment