Sunday, February 5, 2012

Maybe.....?! :D

I went to another art gallery today to ask about selling my stuff. And long story short, I meeting with the owner tomorrow at noon to set up a consignment for some of the jewelry! :DDD She also gave me some tips. She said she had chainmaille in her shop before and it didn't sell well, but more original stuff sells quickly, like my wire-wrapped pendents. She also said hearts are starting to sell because of Valentine's day. So I went to Wildflower Village (the store I already have a consignment with, in which my jewelry has been sitting gathering dust) and took a few pieces out, mostly heart-themed. I combined them with the few pieces I still had sitting at home, cleaned all the dust off of them (sigh...), and I'm all set for tomorrow. And I'm excited!! She's already got a spot ready for me :) And it sounds like this gallery gets a lot more business than Wildflower Village, so we'll see how it goes.

When I was at Wildflower Village, the lady there gave me a few ideas on my drawings. Since I currently don't have anything to sell because I've only been doing requests lately, I don't have anything to put up in the gallery. But she said to come back on Thursday and talk to a women named Jackie about possibly setting up an ad drawing portraits of people's pets. 'Cause let's face it, animals are adorable, but I'd much rather buy a picture done specifically of MY pets than a random adorable puppy. She also said I should get in touch with the SPCA or Humane Society about putting some of my pictures up for sell at a fundraiser. That'd be pretty cool :) So now I got lots of ideas and I'm hoping I might actually sell some stuff! I'm pretty excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment