Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wildflower Village Show

Today was a very interesting day. Me and my friend and roommate Chris did a show at Wildflower Village and we had a whole room to ourselves! (Well, I had a room to myself; Chris was just there to keep me company) I put on music, put out cookies, put my jewelry on display, and sat down to work on Rose. We got almost no visitors, it was cold and rainy and actually started hailing a few times. We had to leave the door open so people would know we were showcasing and not pass us by, AND the old heater didn't work! Lucky for me and Chris, the room we were in used to be a kitchen and the ancient oven still worked. So we turned the over on with the door open and before long our room was pretty cozy. And just about everyone that came in stayed for a while to get warm and despite not getting any commissions, w had a lot of fun hanging out and chatting with people all day. We also met a new friend, Doug, who was displaying his photography in the room next to us. He spent a lot of times hanging out with us because his room was so cold. So we made friends and like each other's page on Facebook. No customers, but I got some drawing done and we all had fun :)
Click here to check out Doug's work

No comments:

Post a Comment