Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sox #2 :)

This is the second drawing of Sox I've done, and I like this picture MUCH better. The portrait too, but even just the picture. I only drew that last picture because it was my Granny's favorite, but personally this is a much better picture, turned out better, and I just like it :) This is a front shot, where you can see her face and she's not staring at some random object not drawn. She's relaxed, her mouth is open and happy, and you can see her better. So I like this portrait better :)

 The photograph I took of this drawing has some graphite shine in the body, so it looks darker than this picture does. Because Sox was black, I had trouble getting the shadows in the face dark enough and I finally had to draw some of the hair in charcoal to get it dark enough. For some reason it doesn't look like Sox though. I think it's a good drawing, it just doesn't look like Sox and I can't figure out why. But it's still a good drawing and Granny will know who it is, so I'm pretty happy with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment