Monday, April 1, 2013

Alice's daughter

This is my latest work in progress, as I currently have no commissions. Alice is a Facebook friend of mine in the UK and she's a photographer. I love her work, all of her pictures are so soft looking, and I wanted to see if I could imitate it. So I asked if I could steal one of her pictures, she said sure, and I chose this one. Which just so happened to be her daughter. Since this wasn't commission, just for my own experimentation, I did it in my sketch book instead of my nice commission paper. And I haven't quite finished yet, but I am SO happy with how it's turning out! The eyes especially! Eyes are really hard, they have so much texture and depth and expression it's really hard to capture in a drawing. But I worked on these eyes over and over and over, adding color and taking it off, forever. Until I finally got the texture I wanted. These are by far the best eyes I've ever drawn and that's the only reason why I'm blogging about an unfinished picture, I am just so proud of the work I did on these eyes! And I love how soft and perfect her baby hand and her tiny lips are. I think I captured the softness of the photograph pretty well too and the shading looks just perfect. But then she has longer hair too, so that's going to be a challenge when I get to it.What do you think? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment