Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dogtoberfest :)

So the Dogtoberfest was today and we did great! We had KTVN News 2, KRNV News 4, KOLO News 8, Alice 96.5, and Sunny 106.9 all there advertising the excitement and we got a ton of people coming to check us out! (Hopefully the news clips will be online in the next few days and then I'll upload them) The Canine Rehabilitation Center and Sanctuary got a ton of donations (still to be counted) and several families interested in some of their dogs, hopefully soon-to-be-adopted dogs. But most of all it was a lot of fun for everyone involved! There were several businesses/companies/organizations there advertising their respective businesses/companies/organizations, all while supporting CRCS. A few of them were organizations dedicated to rescuing dogs that were completely separate from CRCS. Boxers and Buddies and Nevada Greyhounds Unlimited were both there, organizations that rescue their respective breeds and adopt them out. And of course there were a ton of dogs and even more people - it was crowded!!

Briar and Breeze sure had fun! They were my main means of attracting customers, lol. People would see Breeze immediately, go over to pet her, see Briar and pet him, and then look at my stuff and sometimes take a card. Breeze loves everyone, but I had to keep an eye on Briar. Every once in a while, he'd try to scare off a customer or two. My own dog trying to scare off my customers! :O (Kinda funny how Briar was always lovable and Breeze came to us with some behavioral issues, and now she's the sweeter of the two. Chris had a field day with that information). By the time we were done 5 hours after arriving, they were both exhausted. It must be a lot of work sitting there, being so cute, and being doted on by so many people!

But anyway, I handed out a couple dozen business cards (new ones specifically for my portraits - I had them made this week!) and got a few peoples' names and emails who were especially interested. So hopefully I should be getting a few commissions soon! :D

My booth at the Dogtoberfest. I know it looks like I'm scowling, I'm really trying not to go blind. The sun was in my eyes the entire event and both me and Chris got really sunburnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment