Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dogtober Fest!

Started a new drawing. Blondie was my last commission :( so now I can draw whatever I want :) I promised my best friend Chris I'd draw him and his dog Breeze, so that's what I'm working on at the moment. I'm already pretty far, I have the picture completely mapped out and I'm starting to shade him in (and he looks scary!! He only has one eye and half his teeth because the rest are in the shadows and as an outline, he looks like a bad Halloween costume. But he'll look better when I'm done of course.)
I recently made a new friend, Kristin Ivey, founder of the Canine Rehabilitation Center and Sanctuary. She takes the humane society one step further - she adopts NHS dogs and other dogs in need and fosters them out to people great patience, like me (I'm currently fostering one of her dogs, for more information, see my new blog) and she matches them up with the perfect forever home. I got in touch with her in order to help dogs who need help... and unexpectedly found another outlet for my portraits! The Dogtober Fest on Saturday the 13th is going to be an event even bigger than the Doggie Palooza with infinitely more advertising than Wildflower Village. It's being hosted by the Legends outlet mall, Alice 96.5, Sunny 106.9, and a bunch of other businesses, including me. A booth cost $100. I was wary of paying it at first because my other shows have been a bust and I'm not sure how many customers I'm going to get, but I had a little extra money and this event is much more public and even if I don't get any customers, my $100 went to a good cause. So with that decision made and the money already taken out already, now I'm looking forward to the party! Music, food, dogs, face paining.... what's not to like?! o(≧∇≦)o



Chris and Breeze. Chris looks pretty scary, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment