Saturday, January 14, 2012

Charra

This was Nita's 2nd horse, Charra. As much as I like horses, after this one I was very happy to start drawing a dog! As least they don't wear saddles :P And the saddle took a long time too, because in the original picture Nita was riding Charra and I edited her out and made up my own details (which I need much more practice at.... it took a lot of time researching different kinds of saddles)
This picture took a while because I couldn't find the motivation to draw. I was pretty tired of horses as this point. But I'm happy the way it turned out. I did mess up on one of the saddle ties, let's see how many people can find it. It stands out to me because I'm my own worst critic, but I'm hoping most people won't notice it, lol. Nita was very happy with both of her pictures and took me horseback riding in thanks. We had a fun day :)  (although I didn't ride either of the horses I drew, lol)

Nita's horse Charra, done in graphite

No comments:

Post a Comment